Website Footprint Analysis
How? Your macro-level content allocations. They have a direct impact on performance, but few companies measure them; and the problems they create aren't often visible through A/B testing or usability research. Symptoms to look for:
Our specialized team conducts a rigorous measurement and analysis of the website footprint for your organization AND for each company in your competitive set.
Part competitive analysis, part communications measurement initiative – this is a smart, cost-effective way to improve your web performance.
BONUS: The content allocations we measure are also a great predictor of your visitors’ perceptions of your company and its competitors!
for immediate implementation and impact:
- Content gaps to be addressed
- Over/Under-represented products
- Sales funnel support needs
to shape your brand and game plan:
- Positioning/whitespace opportunities
- Potential portfolio expansion areas
- Key themes and their significance
- Inform website projects: Before you build – our detailed inventory of competitor sites will help you understand what content is “table stakes,” and identify opportunities for differentiation and delight.
- Measure and fix “drift” on your current site: Websites are grown and revised over time, on a page-by-page basis, causing shifts in your original architecture and distorting your initial intent.
- Expand on the content measures you’re using: Most standard KPIs focus on page-level engagements (views, sessions, time on page, shares, etc.) rather than balancing allocations across the full website.
- Tease out what other research and testing will miss: A/B testing and usability studies are good tools for refining one web page or user flow, but they’re better at addressing issues that create specific frictions for the user, not identifying macro-level gaps in customer experience
From the project kickoff meeting until the research read-out, the process takes 3-4 weeks and includes the following:
- Initial kickoff session: We meet with your team to identify which footprint dimensions will provide the most support for your business objectives.
- Detailed Research Plan: Our coding team translates the planning session specs into a concrete research plan, which we review together to ensure mutual agreement on dimensions and web pages to be coded.
- Qualitative Coding: The Sequent team begins the process of reviewing and analyzing hundreds (sometimes thousands) of web pages within your competitive set. Throughout the process, our analysts thoroughly document online “real estate” allocations and features.
- Research report: We bring it all together into a detailed report with visualizations of footprint measures and powerful recommendations.
Do you have a half hour to learn more? We’d love to share more information on how we combine programmatic text mining and qualitative coding with unique subject matter expertise, to extract insights you won’t find in-house – or through other partners.
Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the form below to schedule a quick chat.